The muskellunge (Esox masquinongy), also known as muskelunge, muscallonge, milliganong, or maskinonge (and often abbreviated “muskie” or “musky”) are an uncommon freshwater fish you can find in the Northern to Northeast part of the United States as well as Canada.
- QUALITY: Highly abrasion-resistant, heavy-duty fluorocarbon that’s almost invisible underwater. Premium, saltwater-grade snaps, crimps, and a ball-bearing swivel that prevent line twisting
- LEADER: 125-lb. test heavy-duty fluorocarbon
- SIZES: 10″, 18″
- TIP: Ideal for use with inline spinners
- MUSKY: With rows of razor-sharp teeth and a body built for speed, muskies have no issue eating anything and everything they want. Musky anglers have a lot to contend with trying to get these big fish to strike. This is why you’ll want a Rite Angler Musky Rig with a ball bearing swivel at the end of your line when they do.
- NOTE: For catch and release fish, make sure you have the right tools and terminal tackle to keep the fish and this sport alive.
Also available with a barrel swivel.
Ball-bearing vs barrel swivels, why choose a ball-bearing?
Both swivels cover most all your fishing needs. Barrel swivels are popular due to their wide range of sizes and affordability, however, their biggest disadvantages are the increased inability to turn with a heavy load and a shorter lifespan due to the metal on metal friction.
Check out more of Rite Angler’s pre-made Rigs!
As with all Rite Angler products, the finest in raw materials and handmade craftsmanship go into our deep drop fishing rigs. These rigs are strong. They’re designed to handle the challenge of pulling large bottom-dwelling fish to the surface. Satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also like…